WELFARE AND SAFEGUARDING
Our Welfare Officers
Roles & Responsibilities
· To support the Club in building a culture where members feel welcome, safe, included and supported.
· To be visible within the Club. Regularly attend club sessions so that all members, including coaches, volunteers and parents have the opportunity to meet with, feel at ease and know how to make contact should they require any guidance and / or wish to raise a concern.
· To have a clear understanding of the Club and the UKA Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children and the England Athletics guidance on how to establish if a concern meets the threshold for being reported on.
· To ensure there is a Club Welfare Process for managing concerns that embeds the above policies within the club, along with local contacts. To use this process for managing all Welfare concerns. To ensure this process is communicated to all members and that they have a clear understanding of their responsibilities for reporting concerns.
· To report any concerns of abuse to the UKA Lead Safeguarding Officer, or in urgent cases requiring immediate support, the Police or Social Services.
· To work with the Membership Secretary and other Club officers to ensure all appropriate volunteers within the club (including Coaches and Officials) hold an up to date DBS check and are appropriately licenced.
· To support the Volunteer Co-ordinator with the safe recruitment of Club volunteers.
· Where required, to act as a verifier for the DBS check application process for Coaches, Officials, Team Managers and other key Volunteers within the Club.
· To complete the England Athletics online Safeguarding in Athletics training and the three-hour face-to-face or online Time 2 Listen course every three years.
· To support the Club Committee in reviewing Club policies and procedures relating to Welfare at least every three years, ensuring the safety of members is at the centre of these procedures.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL WE HAVE ADOPTED THE REVISED NATIONAL SAFEGUARDING POLICIES & PROCEDURES WHICH CAN BE FOUND BELOW -
Child Safeguarding Policy Adult Safeguarding Policy
Child Safeguarding Procedure Adult Safeguarding Procedure
Codes of Conduct:
Club - Coaches - Officials - Volunteers - Senior Athletes - Young Athletes - Parents
Related Club Policies
Social Media Policy (revised February 2021)
Use of Photographic Imagery (revised February 2021)
Inclusion Policy ( February 2022)
Health and Safety Policy Statement ( January 2023)