ABOUT HAVERING A.C.
Havering Athletic Club was formed in 1968 through the merger of the former Romford AC (formed 1951) and the Hornchurch Harriers Club (formed 1953), adopting Hornchurch Stadium as the club's training base. This year 2018 therefore marked the 50th anniversary of Havering AC's formation.
In 1992 the club also established a training base at the refurbished Mayesbrook Park, Barking adding the name "Mayesbrook" to the club's title. The club vacated Mayesbrook Park in March 2011 to allow for refurbishment for its use as an 2012 Olympic training venue.
It was decided in 2013 to concentrate the club's operations at Hornchurch Stadium and at the club's AGM on 14th March 2014, it was agreed that the club name should revert to Havering AC.
Club colours and logo
Royal blue and yellow vests, blue shorts. Club Kit can be bought (or ordered) from Irene Brennan in the Clubhouse. Our logo was redesigned in 2016 and our club vest changed in May 2016 - these are below:
Hornchurch Stadium, Bridge Avenue, Upminster, Essex RM14 2LX
The stadium, which we share with Hornchurch FC, has a six-lane Polytan surface track, refurbished in 2004.
There are two long/triple jump pits, pole vault, high jump and all throws facilities, including an IAAF Compliant throws cage. There is covered seating on both straights and the club also has a clubhouse and fully-equipped weights gym (members only).